YouTube Videos Worship Services – May 1 – in person worship service)
To watch online, you will need to go to YouTube and google “Spirit West United Church”.
This action will bring you to the Spirit West United Church YouTube page.
Sunday, May 1, 2022 – The Third Sunday of Easter
How do we encounter the risen Jesus? How do we live out Christ’s commission in the world?
Easter is about change,– not just in Jesus, but in us. As Easter people, we live with mystery, and are transformed.
• John 21:1-19 (The risen Christ at the sea shore)
The final chapter of John appears to have been added to the Gospel by a later editor, possibly after Peter’s death. As we read the Gospel account of another encounter with the risen Christ, keep in mind Peter’s actions on the night before the crucifixion. After boldly declaring that he would die with Jesus, Peter denied three times that he knew Jesus (see John 13:31-38; 18:1-27).
Because this week’s Gospel reading is longer than usual, it will be the only reading used in our service. You may want to read the other suggestions:
• Acts 9:1-20 (The conversion of Saul)
• Psalm 30 (Praises to God)
• Revelation 5:11-14 (Worthy is the Lamb who was slain)
Also, this Sunday’s service will include the Sacrament of Communion, so have your elements ready if you plan to participate on line.
May 1 – communion
May 8 – Mother’s Day
May 15 - baptism
SPIRIT WEST PRAYER CHAIN
Prayer is important. We know that people face challenges and difficulties and we cannot forget them. Our Prayer Chain continues to be active. If you have a prayer request, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. These requests will be shared regularly with the prayer chain and may form part of the Prayers of the People in our Sunday Worship.
Please remember to have people removed from the prayer chain if the prayers are no longer needed.
YOUR BOTTLES FOR THE CHURCH
You may have bottles piling up for recycling. You can bring them to the church (or you can call for pick up). If you want to bring your bottles (and any other recyclable beverage containers) in during our office hours and put them directly in the Bottle Shed (by the garage), give us a call, and we can have the shed open for you. All money raised from the return of bottles goes towards paying down the principal and interest on our mortgage.
We can now accept donations by eTransfer. The contact name for the eTransfer is Spirit West United Church, and the email address is email@example.com . If you include a security question with your eTransfer, please notify Norma at the church office by phone or email.
- And remember that if you are not on PAR(Pre-Authorized Remittance), you can also mail in cheques to the church office (Spirit West United Church, 7003 – 199 St. NW Edmonton, AB T5T 3A8, include your envelope number if you have one.)
- The church office is open and you can drop off your offering/donation in the offering plate just inside the front doors.
- You can also donate online by checking out the online donation option on our website spiritwest.org and click on the Donate tab in the navigation bar.
SPIRIT WEST ONLINE!
Facebook: Spirit West United Church and Friends of Spirit West Outreach
YouTube: Spirt West United Church, Edmonton
The Spirit West Church office is open.
- Stuart => 9:30am to 2:30pm, Tuesday and Thursday
- Norma => Noon to 5:00pm, Monday to Thursday
Spirit West United Church
7003 - 199st.NW Edmonton, AB T5T 3A8
phone: (780) 481-1406