This Sunday, we will be led in worship David Faber. His reflection is titled “Supporting Charities”. In the time with children, we will be discussing “Sharing Prayers”
The scripture readings are:
- Ezekiel 34:11-16 and 20-24
- Matthew 25:31-46
BISSEL Holiday Toy & Gift Drive – Please help bring joy to families in need by donating new, unwrapped gifts for infants, children and youth. We will be collecting items on November 26 and December 3. We will have the children put them under the tree. The poster with wishes is on the back carousel or can be viewed online at bissellcentre.org/toy-drive. Main wishes are:
• Infants (0-2): musical toys, rattles, shape stackers, board books
• Children (3-11): picture books, graphic novels, basketball, soccer ball, craft or science set, puzzles, art supplies, dolls, building toys, vehicle, toys, animal toys
• Youth (12+): gift cards, sporting goods, sealed cosmetics, board games/puzzles and art supplies
*Please no plush toys / used toys or books / clothing / food or candy
LADIES’ GROUP CHRISTMAS PARTY will be held Sat, Dec 2 at 5:30 pm in the Lower Hall of Spirit West Church. The dinner will cost $20.00per person to be paid that night. All women are welcome - feel free to bring a friend! We will have laughs, games and a wacky gift exchange. For those who want to participate in the gift exchange, bring a wrapped gift with an approximate value of $15.00. Sign up on the sheet at the back or phone or email the office. Please indicate any food restrictions and sign up by Nov. 26.
CHOIR CHRISTMAS CONCERT - The Spirit West UC Choir is excited to say they are preparing for a Christmas Concert to be held on FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2023 AT 7:00. This is our first Christmas Concert since COVID! Entitled “MORNING STAR”, this production is a story of hope, in word and music, to remind us of the Light of the World, Jesus Christ. We hope to see YOU there!
DATES to REMEMBER
- Bissell Centre Giving – Nov 26 & Dec 3
- Board Meeting – Nov 29 via ZOOM
- Ladies Christmas Dinner – Dec 2
- Choir Concert – Dec 8
LEADERS for November 26
- Hospitality Team – Sather – Ramona, Isobel, Colleen, Diane L
- Scripture Reader – Diane L
- Projectionist – Terri-Lynn / Sara
- Worship Leader – David Faber
LEADERS for December 3
- Hospitality Team – Callas – Carol & Bill, Sue & Gerry, Kathy
- Scripture Reader – Glenna W
- Projectionist – Bruce C
- Worship Leader – Rev. Lynn Maki
EVENTS Happening in the CHURCH – Nov 27-Dec 2
- Mon – 6:15-8:30pm, Embers
- Tues, 9:30-10pm – set up for Church of Christ service
- Wed, 6-9pm – Church of Christ service
- Thurs, 6:45-9:15pm – choir practice
- Fri, 6-7pm - set up for Church of Christ service
- Sat, 7am – noon – Church of Christ service
- Sat, 5:30-9:00pm – Ladies Christmas dinner in Lower Hall
SPIRIT WEST PRAYER CHAIN
Prayer is important. We know that people face challenges and difficulties and we cannot forget them. Our Prayer Chain continues to be active. If you have a prayer request, please send it to email@example.com. These requests will be shared regularly with the prayer chain and may form part of the Prayers of the People in our Sunday Worship. Please remember to have people removed from the prayer chain if the prayers are no longer needed.
YOUR BOTTLES FOR THE CHURCH
You may have bottles piling up for recycling. You can bring them to the church (or you can call for pick up). If you want to bring your bottles (and any other recyclable beverage containers) in during our office hours and put them directly in the Bottle Shed (by the garage), give us a call, and we can have the shed open for you. All money raised from the return of bottles goes towards paying down the principal and interest on our mortgage.
- PAR - Pre-Authorized Remittance is a direct debit program run by the United Church of Canada. It allows people to support their church through an automatic monthly withdrawal from their bank account. It follows the giver's wishes (give to local, M&S, etc.). If you wish to go on PAR, please the fill out the form on the literature carousel and give the form and a cheque marked “void” to the church office. We will do the rest! If you wish to change your PAR amount, contact the office and we will make the change for you.
- We can accept donations by eTransfer. The contact name for the eTransfer is Spirit West United Church, and the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org . If you include a security question with your eTransfer, please notify Norma at the church office by phone or email of the answer.
- And remember that if you are not on PAR(Pre-Authorized Remittance) or even if you are , you can mail in cheques to the church office (Spirit West United Church, 7003 – 199 St. NW Edmonton, AB T5T 3A8, include your envelope number if you have one.)
- You can drop off your offering/donation in the offering plate just inside the front doors or place it in the mailbox.
- You can also donate online by checking out the online donation option on our website spiritwest.org and click on the Donate tab in the navigation bar.
SPIRIT WEST ONLINE!
Facebook: Spirit West United Church and Friends of Spirit West Outreach
YouTube: Spirt West United Church, Edmonton
Spirit West United Church
7003 - 199st.NW Edmonton, AB T5T 3A8
phone: (780) 481-1406