This Sunday, our worship service will be led by Jo-Anne Kobylka. The sermon is titled “Where have all our prophets gone?” The scriptures are a poem by Kathy Galloway from the Iona Community and then Matthew 10:40-42.
Congregational Meeting re FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES- Sunday, June 25 – The congregation was updated on the work that has been done to present. The minutes of the meeting will be sent out soon.
FLOWER BASKETS – we have blossoms beautifying the front porch of the church again this summer. This is a wonderful place for plants to grow. However, they do need to be watered. We are hoping that someone will consider giving them a good drink once or twice a week in JULY or AUGUST depending on the weather. If you could do this, please sign up on the sheet at the back or call or email Norma at the church office.
LEADERS for July 2
Hospitality Team – Hemmerling – Georgina, Doreen, Rhea, Glenna
Scripture Reader – Paul F
Projectionist – Rebecca W
LEADERS for July 9
- Hospitality Team – Sather – Ramona, Isobel, Colleen, Diane H
- Scripture Reader – Bob H
- Projectionist – Rebecca W
EVENTS Happening in the CHURCH – July 3-8
- Tues, 6-7pm – set up for Church of Christ service
- Wed, 6-9pm – Church of Christ service
- Fri, 6-7pm - set up for Church of Christ service
- Sat, 7am - noon – Church of Christ service
SPIRIT WEST PRAYER CHAIN
Prayer is important. We know that people face challenges and difficulties and we cannot forget them. Our Prayer Chain continues to be active. If you have a prayer request, please send it to email@example.com. These requests will be shared regularly with the prayer chain and may form part of the Prayers of the People in our Sunday Worship.
Please remember to have people removed from the prayer chain if the prayers are no longer needed.
YOUR BOTTLES FOR THE CHURCH
You may have bottles piling up for recycling. You can bring them to the church (or you can call for pick up). If you want to bring your bottles (and any other recyclable beverage containers) in during our office hours and put them directly in the Bottle Shed (by the garage), give us a call, and we can have the shed open for you. All money raised from the return of bottles goes towards paying down the principal and interest on our mortgage.
- PAR - Pre-Authorized Remittance is a direct debit program run by the United Church of Canada. It allows people to support their church through an automatic monthly withdrawal from their bank account. It follows the giver's wishes (give to local, M&S, etc.). If you wish to go on PAR, please the fill out the form on the literature carousel and give the form and a cheque marked “void” to the church office. We will do the rest! If you wish to change your PAR amount, contact the office and we will make the change for you.
- We can accept donations by eTransfer. The contact name for the eTransfer is Spirit West United Church, and the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org . If you include a security question with your eTransfer, please notify Norma at the church office by phone or email of the answer.
- And remember that if you are not on PAR(Pre-Authorized Remittance) or even if you are , you can mail in cheques to the church office (Spirit West United Church, 7003 – 199 St. NW Edmonton, AB T5T 3A8, include your envelope number if you have one.)
- You can drop off your offering/donation in the offering plate just inside the front doors or place it in the mailbox.
- You can also donate online by checking out the online donation option on our website spiritwest.org and click on the Donate tab in the navigation bar.
SPIRIT WEST ONLINE!
Facebook: Spirit West United Church and Friends of Spirit West Outreach
YouTube: Spirt West United Church, Edmonton
Spirit West United Church
7003 - 199st.NW Edmonton, AB T5T 3A8
phone: (780) 481-1406