This Sunday, we will be led in worship Rev. Lynn Maki who will be celebrating communion with us. Her reflection is titled “Called to Hope”. In the time with children, we will be discussing “remembering forward”
The scripture readings are:
- Psalm 23 – The Lord is my Shepherd
- Proverbs 2:1-11
CHOIR CHRISTMAS CONCERT
The Spirit West UC Choir is excited to say they are preparing for a Christmas Concert to be held on FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2023 AT 7:00. This is our first Christmas Concert since COVID! Entitled “MORNING STAR”, this production is a story of hope, in word and music, to remind us of the Light of the World, Jesus Christ. We hope to see YOU there!
DATES to REMEMBER
- Men’s Breakfast – Nov 18
- Board Meeting – Nov 29 via ZOOM
- Ladies Christmas Dinner – Dec 2 – signup sheet available at the church or phone the office
- Choir Concert – Dec 8
LEADERS for November 5
- Hospitality Team – Doyle – Don & Daphne, David & Cathy, Tony
- Scripture Reader – Sheila H
- Projectionist – Bruce C
- Worship Leader – Rev. Lynn Maki
LEADERS for November 12
- Hospitality Team – Ludlow – Diane L, Norma, Carol & Bruce S
- Scripture Reader – Boba H
- Projectionist – Rebecca W
- Worship Leader – David Faber
EVENTS Happening in the CHURCH – Nov 6-13
- Mon, 1-3pm – Ladies Craft Event
- Mon, 6:16-8:30pm - Embers
- Tues, 6:30-7pm – set up for Church of Christ service
- Wed, 6-9pm – Church of Christ service
- Thurs, 6:45-9:15pm – choir practice
- Fri, 6-7pm - set up for Church of Christ service
- Sat, 7am – noon – Church of Christ service
- Sun. 10:30am – our Worship service
- Mon – office closed all day in lieu of Remembrance Day
- Jazz and Reflections Series - An Afternoon of Music and Spiritual Reflection, Sunday, November 5, 2023; 3:30-5:00 pm, Spirit of Hope United Church (7909 82 AVE, Edm). This event is open to everyone - there is no admission charge, however, we will gratefully accept donations at the door to cover the musicians' fees and other event expenses.
- Nov 5 – Charlie Austin Trio
- Christmas bazaar - Grace UC (6215 104 Ave), Sat, Nov 18, 10am – 2pm. New and “New to You” gifts, Crafts, Christmas items, Kids’ shopping opportunity! Baking, Preserves, Food products, Santa will arrive at 11:00. Lunch ($10.00 adults, $5.00 children under 12
SPIRIT WEST PRAYER CHAIN
Prayer is important. We know that people face challenges and difficulties and we cannot forget them. Our Prayer Chain continues to be active. If you have a prayer request, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. These requests will be shared regularly with the prayer chain and may form part of the Prayers of the People in our Sunday Worship. Please remember to have people removed from the prayer chain if the prayers are no longer needed.
YOUR BOTTLES FOR THE CHURCH
You may have bottles piling up for recycling. You can bring them to the church (or you can call for pick up). If you want to bring your bottles (and any other recyclable beverage containers) in during our office hours and put them directly in the Bottle Shed (by the garage), give us a call, and we can have the shed open for you. All money raised from the return of bottles goes towards paying down the principal and interest on our mortgage.
- PAR - Pre-Authorized Remittance is a direct debit program run by the United Church of Canada. It allows people to support their church through an automatic monthly withdrawal from their bank account. It follows the giver's wishes (give to local, M&S, etc.). If you wish to go on PAR, please the fill out the form on the literature carousel and give the form and a cheque marked “void” to the church office. We will do the rest! If you wish to change your PAR amount, contact the office and we will make the change for you.
- We can accept donations by eTransfer. The contact name for the eTransfer is Spirit West United Church, and the email address is email@example.com . If you include a security question with your eTransfer, please notify Norma at the church office by phone or email of the answer.
- And remember that if you are not on PAR(Pre-Authorized Remittance) or even if you are , you can mail in cheques to the church office (Spirit West United Church, 7003 – 199 St. NW Edmonton, AB T5T 3A8, include your envelope number if you have one.)
- You can drop off your offering/donation in the offering plate just inside the front doors or place it in the mailbox.
- You can also donate online by checking out the online donation option on our website spiritwest.org and click on the Donate tab in the navigation bar.
SPIRIT WEST ONLINE!
Facebook: Spirit West United Church and Friends of Spirit West Outreach
YouTube: Spirt West United Church, Edmonton
Spirit West United Church
7003 - 199st.NW Edmonton, AB T5T 3A8
phone: (780) 481-1406