YouTube Videos Worship Services – January 23 (no in-person service)
To watch online, you will need to:
- click on this link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrJQ5ljHCSPBV3F8TmIhvVA OR
- go to YouTube and google Spirit West United Church.
The service for January 23rd will be available early on the morning of January 23rd.
Sunday, January 23, 2022 – The Third Sunday after Epiphany
David Faber will be leading our worship service this Sunday. His Theme Conversation will focus on “Roller Coasters”. His sermon is entitled “The Anxious Mind”.
These are the readings we will hear in this week’s worship service, for the Third Sunday after Epiphany:
- From the Psalter: Psalm 19
- From the Gospels: Luke 4:14-21
FROM THE PASTORAL SEARCH COMMITTEE *** We Have Found A Minister ***
The Pastoral Search Committee is so pleased to announce that we have found a new minister!! We will have a congregational meeting to vote on it. The meeting will be on February 15 @ 7:00 pm. There will be more information coming up next week. We need to give at least 2 weeks notification so that all of you are informed. Colleen F will make an announcement in our service for next week.
2022 OFFERING ENVELOPES
For those of you who use the offering envelopes, they are now available at the church. You can come pick them up during office hours. Or, if you prefer, we can have yours delivered or mailed to you. Just let me know!
SPIRIT WEST PRAYER CHAIN
Prayer is important. We know that people still face challenges and difficulties not related to Covid-19, and we cannot forget them. Our Prayer Chain continues to be active. If you have a prayer request, please send it to email@example.com. These requests will be shared regularly with the prayer chain and will form part of the Prayers of the People in our Sunday Worship.
Please remember to have people removed from the prayer chain if the prayers are no longer needed.
YOUR BOTTLES FOR THE CHURCH
You may have bottles piling up for recycling. You can bring them to the church (or you can call for pick up). If you want to bring your bottles (and any other recyclable beverage containers) in during our office hours and put them directly in the Bottle Shed (by the garage), give us a call, and we can have the shed open for you. All money raised from the return of bottles goes towards paying down the principal and interest on our mortgage.
We can now accept donations by eTransfer. The contact name for the eTransfer is Spirit West United Church, and the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org . If you include a security question with your eTransfer, please notify Norma at the church office by phone or email.
- And remember that if you are not on PAR(Pre-Authorized Remittance), you can also mail in cheques to the church office (Spirit West United Church, 7003 – 199 St. NW Edmonton, AB T5T 3A8, include your envelope number if you have one.)
- The church office is open and you can drop off your offering/donation in the offering plate just inside the front doors.
- You can also donate online by checking out the online donation option on our website spiritwest.org and click on the Donate tab in the navigation bar.
SPIRIT WEST ONLINE!
Facebook: Spirit West United Church and Friends of Spirit West Outreach
YouTube: Spirt West United Church, Edmonton
The Spirit West Church office remains open.
- Stuart => 9:30am to 2:30pm, Tuesday and Thursday
- Norma => Noon to 5:00pm, Monday to Thursday
Spirit West United Church
7003 - 199st.NW Edmonton, AB T5T 3A8
phone: (780) 481-1406