Our worship leader this week is Cathy Pearson.
The scriptures she has chosen are 1 Kings 19:9-16 and Matthew 14:22-33
DATES to REMEMBER
- Travel Sunday – no service at Spirit West
- August 20th – we are visiting Trinity United Church - 8810 Meadowlark Rd NW,
- If you need a ride or could give a ride, please call the office and we can make arrangements
LEADERS for August 13
- Hospitality Team – Sather – Ramona, Isobel, Colleen, Diane H
- Scripture Reader – Diane L
- Greeter – Marj Hewitt
- Projectionist – Bruce C
LEADERS for August 27 (no service on August 20)
- Hospitality Team – Ludlow – Diane L, Norma, Bruce & Carol
- Scripture Reader – Paul Fujishige
- Greeter – Colleen F
- Projectionist – Norma B
EVENTS Happening in the CHURCH – Aug 14 to 19
- Mon – all day – office closed – Norma taking one day holiday
- Tues, 6:30-7pm – set up for Church of Christ service
- Wed, 6-9pm – Church of Christ service
- Fri, 6-7pm - set up for Church of Christ service
- Sat, 7am – noon – Church of Christ service
SPIRIT WEST PRAYER CHAIN
Prayer is important. We know that people face challenges and difficulties and we cannot forget them. Our Prayer Chain continues to be active. If you have a prayer request, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. These requests will be shared regularly with the prayer chain and may form part of the Prayers of the People in our Sunday Worship.
Please remember to have people removed from the prayer chain if the prayers are no longer needed.
YOUR BOTTLES FOR THE CHURCH
You may have bottles piling up for recycling. You can bring them to the church (or you can call for pick up). If you want to bring your bottles (and any other recyclable beverage containers) in during our office hours and put them directly in the Bottle Shed (by the garage), give us a call, and we can have the shed open for you. All money raised from the return of bottles goes towards paying down the principal and interest on our mortgage.
- PAR - Pre-Authorized Remittance is a direct debit program run by the United Church of Canada. It allows people to support their church through an automatic monthly withdrawal from their bank account. It follows the giver's wishes (give to local, M&S, etc.). If you wish to go on PAR, please the fill out the form on the literature carousel and give the form and a cheque marked “void” to the church office. We will do the rest! If you wish to change your PAR amount, contact the office and we will make the change for you.
- We can accept donations by eTransfer. The contact name for the eTransfer is Spirit West United Church, and the email address is email@example.com . If you include a security question with your eTransfer, please notify Norma at the church office by phone or email of the answer.
- And remember that if you are not on PAR(Pre-Authorized Remittance) or even if you are , you can mail in cheques to the church office (Spirit West United Church, 7003 – 199 St. NW Edmonton, AB T5T 3A8, include your envelope number if you have one.)
- You can drop off your offering/donation in the offering plate just inside the front doors or place it in the mailbox.
- You can also donate online by checking out the online donation option on our website spiritwest.org and click on the Donate tab in the navigation bar.
SPIRIT WEST ONLINE!
Facebook: Spirit West United Church and Friends of Spirit West Outreach
YouTube: Spirt West United Church, Edmonton
Spirit West United Church
7003 - 199st.NW Edmonton, AB T5T 3A8
phone: (780) 481-1406